For all enquiries relating to Zeras Passive Fire Protection Please contact:
Zeras Fire Protection
324 Haydock Lane
Zeras Industries fully understands the care and sensitivity necessary when working with asbestos. Our management team has over 25 years of experience dealing with this hazardous material and asbestos removal. As a result, if you need or think you may need help with asbestos you can be confident with us. Zeras has the knowledge, skills and capability to provide you with a complete and professional service.
Removal of asbestos carried out with the utmost care and under controlled conditions to eliminate the risk of human exposure to the material.
We have experience of
Fully Licenced Asbestos Removal and Passive Fire Precaution
Zeras works for public and private sector clients, we undertake projects of all sizes and on all types of buildings.
We have experience of
Zeras Industries carries out work with great sensitivity. In particular, when working in places that are occupied or where people are in close proximity, special care is taken to ensure that everybody’s safety is maintained. You can be confident that Zeras Industries will carry out work in accordance with
Our team offers unrivalled knowledge and expertise in the fire precautions industry. This has been gained from some of the most prestigious projects throughout the UK. We offer expert advice, installation and full certification.
The management and operations team has a combined experience working within the Passive Fire Protection Industry of over 50 years.
Boohoo.com Asbestos removal
Boohoo have announced a £5million spend on new facilities for 2017, designed to improve the working environment of their employees. Including a 24-hour subsidised restaurant as well as gym and leisure facilities.
Zeras Industries were appointed to remove Asbestos AIB board and pipe lagging from the Burnley offices.
Housing Maintenance Solutions Fire Protection
In co-ordination with LMH, Zeras have been appointed the remedial fire protection works to their properties within Liverpool. These involved making good to all compartment walls/barriers in these roof spaces and replacing old loft hatches for new Fire Rated ladder hatches to give safe access and egress to the maintenance teams.
Luton and Dunstable Trust - Fire Precaution upgrades
After initial survey Zeras undertook all required new installations and upgrades to fire compartment works within the Hospital site.
Accredited to the highest industry standard.
- Winners of the RoSPA Gold award for Health and Safety
- Named on the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain 2018
- Awarded the ACAD Certificate of Excellence
Call Our Head Office:
(01228) 590 740
Frequently Asked Questions
It is impossible to determine if a material contains asbestos just by looking at it. There are over 3500 uses for asbestos in construction and building. 85% of commercial buildings contain asbestos in their structure.
I have found Asbestos, what do I do?
- If you have asbestos in your home or workplace, this is usually not a serious problem. Asbestos materials only become a hazard when disturbed e.g. by heating engineers, plumbers or when generally renovating your home. Also general deterioration can cause asbestos to be a hazard.
- Actions depend on the type and condition of the
asbestos containingmaterials. Asbestos fibre is safe provided it remains bonded in the material in which it is used and does not become airborne. There is no danger unless asbestos fibres are released and inhaled into the lungs.
Do I need Asbestos Removal?
- Generally, materials in good condition will not release asbestos
fibres. If the materials are in good condition and are unlikely to be disturbed, it can be left in place. You should monitor it regularly for signs of deterioration e.g. flaking, broken edges, damp etc.
- If the
asbestos containingmaterial is in bad condition, or it becomes damaged, or if you are planning to make changes to your property that may disturb it, then you will need to have the material repaired or complete asbestos removal.
Is My Health at Risk?
- Items that contain asbestos do not represent a significant risk to your health if they remain undamaged and undisturbed.
- Asbestos is only a risk to your health if the
fibresare disturbed or damaged. As a resultthe fibresbecome airborne and it is thereforepossible to inhale the asbestos fibresinto the lungs.
What Kind of Asbestos do I Have?
- Unless something has already been tested and
labelledas containing asbestos you cannot tell.
- You cannot tell just by looking at a product whether it contains asbestos or not. There are upwards of 3000 products known to contain asbestos.
- To determine the presence of asbestos a sample of the suspected material must be
analysedby a laboratory accredited for analysingasbestos.
Why was Asbestos Used?
- Asbestos is a remarkable material, despite its dangers.
- Asbestos has valuable characteristics that make it a good insulator as it does not burn and transmits heat poorly. As a result, asbestos was widely used in manufacturing and industry.
- Asbestos is a poor conductor of electricity and is also resistant to corrosion, so it is useful for external applications.
- It is strong yet flexible which makes it a good choice for protective clothing.
- It can also be painted or sprayed on to other products
- For all these reasons, it was an attractive and ideal choice for many products.