RECENTLY COMPLETED PROJECTS:
Welcome to Zeras Industries
Zeras Industries fully understands the care and sensitivity necessary when working with asbestos. Our management team has over 25 years of experience dealing with this hazardous material and asbestos removal. As a result, if you need or think you may need help with asbestos you can be confident with us. Zeras has the knowledge, skills and capability to provide you with a complete and professional service.
Our employees work to site specific method statements. These method statements first of all detail the scope and method of the asbestos removal and disposal, together with anticipated timescales. Employees carry out all works in accordance with Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and consequently, to the highest professional standards.
Customers can rest assured knowing our surveyors are British Occupational Hygiene Society qualified and furthermore, they are experienced in a wide range of areas within the industry. Zeras surveys are carried out to HSE Standard HSG 264 survey guide.
Asbestos removal is not always necessary, in certain circumstances we carry out a regulated process of treatments. Our team offers a full range of proven treatments to encapsulate the asbestos and render it safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have found Asbestos, what do I do?
- If you have asbestos in your home or workplace, this is usually not a serious problem. Asbestos materials only become a hazard when disturbed e.g. by heating engineers, plumbers or when generally renovating your home. Also general deterioration can cause asbestos to be a hazard.
- Actions depend on the type and condition of the asbestos containing materials. Asbestos fibre is safe provided it remains bonded in the material in which it is used and does not become airborne. There is no danger unless asbestos fibres are released and inhaled into the lungs.
Do I need Asbestos Removal?
- Generally, materials in good condition will not release asbestos fibres. If the materials are in good condition and are unlikely to be disturbed, it can be left in place. You should monitor it regularly for signs of deterioration e.g. flaking, broken edges, damp etc.
- If the asbestos containing material is in bad condition, or it becomes damaged, or if you are planning to make changes to your property that may disturb it, then you will need to have the material repaired or complete asbestos removal.
Is my health at risk?
- Items that contain asbestos do not represent a significant risk to your health if they remain undamaged and undisturbed.
- Asbestos is only a risk to your health if the fibres are disturbed or damaged. As a result the fibres become airborne and it is therefore possible to inhale the asbestos fibres into the lungs.
What kind of Asbestos do I have?
- Unless something has already been tested and labelled as containing asbestos you cannot tell.
- You cannot tell just by looking at a product whether it contains asbestos or not. There are upwards of 3000 products known to contain asbestos.
- To determine the presence of asbestos a sample of the suspected material must be analysed by a laboratory accredited for analysing asbestos.
Why Is Asbestos Used?
- Asbestos is a remarkable material, despite its dangers.
- Asbestos has valuable characteristics that make it a good insulator as it does not burn and transmits heat poorly. As a result, asbestos was widely used in manufacturing and industry.
- Asbestos is a poor conductor of electricity and is also resistant to corrosion, so it is useful for external applications.
- It is strong yet flexible which makes it a good choice for protective clothing.
- It can also be painted or sprayed on to other products
- For all these reasons, it was an attractive and ideal choice for many products.
If you have any other questions relating to Asbestos, please get in touch:
Our team offers unrivalled knowledge and expertise in the fire precautions industry. This has been gained from some of the most prestigious projects throughout the UK. We offer expert advice, installation and full certification.
The management and operations team has a combined experience working within the Passive Fire Protection Industry of over 50 years.
Zeras works for public and private sector clients, we undertake projects of all sizes and on all types of buildings.
We have experience of large scale remediation projects for Local Authorities, through to work in occupied individual dwellings. Both independently and working along with Regional Housing Associations.
Zeras Industries carries out work with great sensitivity. In particular, when working in places that are occupied or where people are in close proximity, special care is taken to ensure that everybody’s safety is maintained. You can be confident that Zeras Industries will carry out work in accordance with control of asbestos regulations 2012 and to the highest professional standards.