Lee Valley & Mersey South – Riverside Housing Association, Internal fire precaution upgrade works to 56 HMO apartment buildings (448 individual flats/ residents) which remained in full occupation throughout the project.
Before & After:
Scope of works comprised of;
- Replacement of internal and external fire check and fire escape doors
- Replacement of floor coverings
- Loft space compartment protection
- Heat, smoke and lighting system upgrading
- Fire alarm upgrading
- Staircase handrail upgrading
- Concrete repairs to staircases
- Fireproof upgrading to staircases
- 2 % KPI score
Value of works £ 600,000
Benefits we brought to the project
- 100% local employment
- Complete Resident Liaison service including briefing and QA checking to handover.
- Open book accounting
- 24 hr fully manned callout service for residents and clients peace of mind and single point of contact for emergency issues
- Continuous Site Management by the same staff ensuring complete continuity
- Flexible and swift response from in house trade’s services for ‘bolt on’ works instructed at short notice ‘whilst on site’.
- Complete coordination of multiple trades working on multiple blocks of property all controlled via our in-house RLO and Site Management teams under fully deployed programmed works schedule.
- Self vetting and QA checking for sign off and handover under right first time protocols. This provided a 5% random inspection only by the clients CoW quality inspectors.